14 February 2013

LA CHOZA, BRIGHTON


Brighton has been waiting for 20 years to have a decent Mexican in the town and I'm so so excited about this place. Mexican Street food at decent prices £5-6 for mains and starters and boy wasn't it great. We walked on a really busy Saturday and the place was packed, I didn't hold any hope but in I went and the lovely lady (I think she may have been the owner) said they had no room but not to despair, she took our number and called us 10 minutes later with a table. Fantastic we were in!

The atmosphere was rocking, the decor was right up my street, skulls left, right and ontop of you, with shelves filled with Mexican goodies you can buy, skulls mugs are on my must have item for next time. I've heard people complaining about the service on other reviews.. but I didn't witness it, far from it the staff were brilliant and very helpful. A chilled Mexican beer, friendly staff and a tasty menu and I was away! I'm a burrito nut and that's what I went for, slow cooked beef which was perfect with the Habenero salsa, I especially loved the little cabbage side salad that came with it, zingy and the perfect contrast against the depth of the meat. We also went with the pulled pork Quesadilla's absolute winner. The Chicharrones (Mexican pork scratchings to you and me) was the only thing I wasn't sure about, I'll go for the Calamari with lime and chipotle mayo next time. All in all, you couldn't get a meal, shared starter and a beer for less than £12 anywhere as good as this. Running back very soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment